It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Trailers and Camping



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message

Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 pm
Posts: 68
Location: FNQ, Cairns

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:28 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Hi all just brought a new swag from rays outdoors for 99 bucks, upon opening there is this bad smell kinda like old pple smell if that makes sense.

Anyway how do u guys go about cleaning ure swags to remove smells

Much appreciated

_________________
Doug


Last edited by Zooksta on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 9653
Location: NSW
Vehicle: SJ51WT.FZJ105R.XKWags

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:30 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Air it out.

Did you find any curly grey hairs?

_________________
BlueSuzy wrote:
I'm over the G16b's.

 Profile  

Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 pm
Posts: 68
Location: FNQ, Cairns

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
That was quick mate!!

Nah now grey hairs :D

_________________
Doug

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:00 pm
Posts: 8136
Location: Sunshine Coast Qld

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Unroll it and open it up.. Leave out in the sun for a day or two.

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:00 pm
Posts: 4449
Location: Botany, NSW
Vehicle: MY2019 Jimny

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
If it is canvas, you should hose it down well, then let it dry fully. Repeat a few days later, and it will waterproof it nicely.

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:00 pm
Posts: 1440
Location: Around the corner
Vehicle: 1995 Sierra 1.3

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:11 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Zooksta wrote:
Hi all just brought a new swag from rays outdoors for 99 bucks, upon opening there is this bad smell kinda like old pple smell if that makes sense.

Anyway how do u guys go about cleaning ure swags to remove smells

Much appreciated


Sounds like something that someone has bought, used for a weekend, then returned it on monday for a refund?

 Profile WWW  

Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:00 pm
Posts: 4349
Location: Perth

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 am 
Reply with quote Top  
my swag has always smelled and it still stinks. even though i have had it for ages and use it often.

do what charcoal said, except i soaked mine in the bath for about an hour, then hung it out.

the water makes the fibres shrink and it will waterproof it.

mine is def waterproof now, i slept in it in a massive storm in south aus, 60mm of rain in one night, wind chill -4 and gusts of 120kmph. and i was fine in the morning, cant say i wasnt slightly scared at one point though.

 Profile  

Offline
I live here!
I live here!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:00 pm
Posts: 10525
Location: Brissie
Vehicle: Popemobile

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:15 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Don't underestimate what the sun can do.

 Profile  

Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 14300
Location: Here there everywhere
Vehicle: A manly awesome man jimny

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 am 
Reply with quote Top  
throw it onto your clothesline and turn it over weekly, that's how i store mine and it doesn't smell at all.
oh and it helps if ya never sleep in it sober.

_________________
JEEPJEEPJEEPJEEPJEEPJEEPJEEPJEEPJEEP

 Profile  

Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:00 pm
Posts: 4349
Location: Perth

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 am 
Reply with quote Top  
shep wrote:
throw it onto your clothesline and turn it over weekly, that's how i store mine and it doesn't smell at all.
oh and it helps if ya never sleep in it sober.


x2

i dont think i have ever been sober in it :lol: :lol:

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 1588
Location: Gracemere, QLD
Vehicle: '94 suzuki maruti

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:53 am 
Reply with quote Top  
dm90 wrote:
my swag has always smelled and it still stinks. even though i have had it for ages and use it often.

do what charcoal said, except i soaked mine in the bath for about an hour, then hung it out.

the water makes the fibres shrink and it will waterproof it.

mine is def waterproof now, i slept in it in a massive storm in south aus, 60mm of rain in one night, wind chill -4 and gusts of 120kmph. and i was fine in the morning, cant say i wasnt slightly scared at one point though.


replaced the old people smell with the smell of poop?? i probably would have!!

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:00 pm
Posts: 4449
Location: Botany, NSW
Vehicle: MY2019 Jimny

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:59 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Go to a B&S and replace the smell with a potent mixture of Rum, spew and vadge.

 Profile  

Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 4786
Location: Northcote

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:54 am 
Reply with quote Top  
lump_a_charcoal wrote:
Go to a B&S and replace the smell with a potent mixture of Rum, spew and vadge.


Quite often the smell of fish oil from a can is better than the smell of alot of the vadge that can be found at a B&S :evil:

turn it inside out in the sun and hose it out. roll it a few times over a few days as shep said.

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:00 am
Posts: 21335
Location: Smart Ass Island

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:56 am 
Reply with quote Top  
shakes wrote:
lump_a_charcoal wrote:
Go to a B&S and replace the smell with a potent mixture of Rum, spew and vadge.


Quite often the smell of fish oil from a can is better than the smell of alot of the vadge that can be found at a B&S :evil:

turn it inside out in the sun and hose it out. roll it a few times over a few days as shep said.


The vadge?? :?

_________________
I used to be indecisive,
now I'm not so sure.....

 Profile  

Offline
I live here!
I live here!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:00 am
Posts: 42597
Location: Rockingham W.A
Vehicle: SQ625

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 am 
Reply with quote Top  
steak_knife wrote:
shakes wrote:
lump_a_charcoal wrote:
Go to a B&S and replace the smell with a potent mixture of Rum, spew and vadge.


Quite often the smell of fish oil from a can is better than the smell of alot of the vadge that can be found at a B&S :evil:

turn it inside out in the sun and hose it out. roll it a few times over a few days as shep said.


The vadge?? :?


:lol: 8O

_________________
I like boobs

 Profile  

Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 4786
Location: Northcote

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:23 am 
Reply with quote Top  
it does work. blowing a pressure washer up one isn't pretty and I can't imagine it would be pleasant

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:00 am
Posts: 21335
Location: Smart Ass Island

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 am 
Reply with quote Top  
shakes wrote:
it does work. blowing a pressure washer up one isn't pretty and I can't imagine it would be pleasant


8O

no wonder guy's say girl's are high maintenance.. 8O

_________________
I used to be indecisive,
now I'm not so sure.....

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 6446
Location: Radelaide ofcourse!
Vehicle: Suzuki GV 03/ 2010 DDIS NGV

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:41 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Mine had a smell from the canvas when i first got it, first time i slept in it i had the smell imbedded in my nose hairs for hours.
A few trips away with it on the roof of my car and it was gone.
Just put it out in the backyard to air.

Chop

_________________
Chop

Suzuki's are like Mogwai's, they multiply!

 Profile  

Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 4786
Location: Northcote

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:42 am 
Reply with quote Top  
steak_knife wrote:
shakes wrote:
it does work. blowing a pressure washer up one isn't pretty and I can't imagine it would be pleasant


8O

no wonder guy's say girl's are high maintenance.. 8O


they are tempermental and leak fluids for a week a month.

if thats not high maintenance I dunno what is :wink:

 Profile  

Offline
az supporter
az supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:00 pm
Posts: 4449
Location: Botany, NSW
Vehicle: MY2019 Jimny

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:45 am 
Reply with quote Top  
steak_knife wrote:
shakes wrote:
lump_a_charcoal wrote:
Go to a B&S and replace the smell with a potent mixture of Rum, spew and vadge.


Quite often the smell of fish oil from a can is better than the smell of alot of the vadge that can be found at a B&S :evil:

turn it inside out in the sun and hose it out. roll it a few times over a few days as shep said.


The vadge?? :?


That explains a lot... :wink:

 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

Jump to:  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hanu and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Untitled Document


Untitled Document


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group :: Style based on FI Subice by phpBBservice.nl :: All times are UTC + 10 hours