It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:47 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: 1993 Suzuki Vitara 4dr Wgn

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:09 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Guys...
I'm trying to help my daughter get her Sierra back on the road. When she bought it, it already had a 1.6 EFI Beleno ('96 maybe) engine conversion. The wiring on the conversion is pretty bad. She took it off the road to do a few repairs (Suspension; new timing belt; waterpump; sparkplugs & leads; New Fuel Tank & Pump & a few other items) but she didn't touch any of the dodgy electrics. Upon getting the car to the point of wanting to start it, the engine turns over fine but doesn't start. We have found there is now no spark.

I find it hard that while the car sat there for quite a few months that something electrical has now failed. I've gone through some electrical diagrams that I have for an early EFI Vitara but I have found differences. The Ignitor on my 93 Vitara has 3 wires whereas the daughter's Sierra had 4 wires going to the Ignitor.
The Distributor on hers has 2 wires but the 2 wires have a shield wire between the insulation. Not sure if this shield wire is to be connected earth or something but it not as far as I can see on hers. These 2 wires are what generate a pulse that goes but to the ECU and then from there to the Ignitor as far as what I can work out.

I guess what I'm asking is:
1. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions of where to look as possible causes?
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to wher I can locate later model FSM and Wiring Manuals for the later model EFI 1.6ltrs?
3. Is the wiring for a 1.6 ltr Baleno any different for the Vitara 1.6ltrs?

thanks in advance....

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: LJs, Sierra, Jimny, Swift.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:49 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Pulled the fault codes?

Do the injectors click too or is it completely dead? Seeing as the timing belt was done, the dizzy does actually spin?

How is the dizzy fitted? Has it been converted to angle drive? Baleno should be straight out the back of the head like a swift.

I have no idea how the baleno is wired but the really early Vitara G16b have a shielded 2 wire dizzy and 4 wire ignitor, might be running that system.

Vehicle: 1993 Suzuki Vitara 4dr Wgn

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:27 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Pulled the fault codes? - No as it does not appear to have an engine check light on the dash

Do the injectors click too or is it completely dead? Seeing as the timing belt was done, the dizzy does actually spin? - YES the Dizzy spin

How is the dizzy fitted? Has it been converted to angle drive? Baleno should be straight out the back of the head like a swift.- YES the Dizzy comes out the back of the head

I have no idea how the baleno is wired but the really early Vitara G16b have a shielded 2 wire dizzy and 4 wire ignitor, might be running that system.
- Cool, thanks for that... Do u know between what years that might be? Is it 1989 to early 1994? We were told that it was around a 95 model Beleno but that may not be the case. I've got a '93 LWB Vitara and I just looked and it has a 4wire Ignitor and a 2 wire dizzy

Vehicle: 98 SQ420, 05 JB420, 21 A6G415

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:58 am 
Reply with quote Top  
http://www.rhinoman.org/

You can download the Baleno FSM from this link ...

Vehicle: Suzuki Sierra SJ80

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I know this might sound silly but is your ECU powering up? If your ECU is not sending a signal to the Injectors ..ECU might not be powering up. Test it with a Noid light. Quickest way i think

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:15 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Can you hear the fuel pump prime? it runs for ~3 seconds with the ignition in the on position and then will turn off if the engine isn't turned over.

There is no relationship between the starter and the ECU - you can remove the entire fuel injection system and the engine will still crank.

Jump to: