It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:07 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: Suzuki Jimny 2008

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Hi Guys I have decided that i am going to do the m13a to m18a conversion in my jimny as i have seen other guys have performed this upgrade and am keen too as well.
i worked from squibbys post which was greatly detailled and very helpful
http://www.auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30308

I obtained a m18a engine for new model wreckers in melbourne, victoria, australia for 1250$ plus 150 delivered to south hedland,western australia
i thought 150 was great considering you could not live any further away than original place of motor.

The m18a motor was out of a Suzuki Liana 2007 and had down 20k km which was 50k km less than current m13a motor in jimny so was happy about that i told them i wanted the injectors so they supplied me with them and received motor after about 1 1/2 weeks freight.
You will need a engine hoist to preform change out.
Today is Day 1 and i thought i would share with you guys my experience so far i spent about 4 hours tonight prepping the liana 2007 m18a engine
Firstly i removed the drive pulley before the fly wheel so i could get something to hold it from spinning i put a screwdriver in groove of flywheel and locked up against the motor this locks shaft from spinning (You may need two people here one to hold flywheel and one to undo bolt).
I had to get a extension pipe on breaker bar as bolt on pulley was extremely tight. 1 Bolt holding this on

With this off i could now move on to removing the Flywheel again someone here to hold the screwdriver or something to lock up the flywheel from spinning would help. 8 Bolts holding this on

Then Remove Water Hoses Behind Water Pump. 3 bolts in on this 2 by water pump and 1 smaller one other end on bracket. Just pull out of back of water pump housing

Remove Studs in Engine Mount. I used two of the exhast manifold nuts to extract these. just lock them together then undo bottom nut to remove stud.

Remove the Oil Sump.

With Sump Removed Remove Oil Pickup

Remove the Oil Filter Holder.

Remove Air Intake and throttle Body

Remove Rocker Cover

Remove Water Pump Pulley

This Is all i acheived tonight as i need my car this week and dont want to start removing engine but i will continue this post once i have done more work and i will include as much detailed pics as possible so i hope it helps some one else. Thanks Guys

Vehicle: SQ625 Grand Vitara

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:52 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Awesome. When you've successfully finished you should copy the whole lot and paste it into a Post on the 'good tech' thread. More photos is always a help.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:44 am 
Reply with quote Top  
I lost all the rest of the photos of this conversion sorry people due to breaking my phone any questions I be happy to answer had the engine in for bout 16 months now running sweet as

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: SV420+SV620 Vitara's

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:08 am 
Reply with quote Top  
spewing you lost the pics, looks like you went to a lot of effort to document it. after driving a m18 powered jimny on the weekend, it's the motor that should have been in it from the factory.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:11 am 
Reply with quote Top  
I am ganna try get the pics off my broken.iPhone and see what I can do yea u not wrong the 1300 is a waste of time once u drive the 1800

Jump to: